While our centres are closed, we are using e-mail and online apps like WhatsApp, Google Classroom, Google Meet and Zoom to help you continue your learning from home.
Here are few things to remember to keep yourself and others safe while you are learning online:
- Be careful with the personal information you share
- Don’t share information about other people
- Make sure chats and messages are appropriate and welcome
If you or a member of your household feels unsafe or uncomfortable online, please tell us.
Taking part in video calls
You may take part in video calls using Google Meet or Zoom as part of your course.
When you join a video call:
- Think about what or who is in your ‘background’ – make sure you don’t show anything you want to keep private.
- Learn how to turn your microphone and camera off during the call if you need to for any reason. You will still be able to listen to and watch the lesson.
- Each video call is a private group set up only for MAES learners who are enrolled on your course. Don’t share the link to the session with other people.
- Don’t take photos or screenshots of other people without their permission
If the session or call is being streamed, recorded or shared for any reason, your teacher will let you know.
Join a Google Classroom
If you are joining a Google Classroom, please use an account that is agreed with your teacher. This is either your man-adulted.org.uk account or an agreed private personal email account.
Don’t share your logon details – you should be the only person signing in to the Classroom with your account.