Health & Social Care Level 3 Award
About the course
The NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Health & Social Care will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of core subject areas in health and social care to support progression into Higher Education,the workplace or further learning in related subject areas at Level 4 and above. If you wish to progress onto higher qualifications you will first need to complete year 2 which is the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
You must be in paid or voluntary work to enable an assessment to take place in the workplace.
Upon achievement of the certificate, you will be able to progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, which is essentially year 2. We have not confirmed yet whether MAES will be delivering year 2 in 2023/2024.
How is the course delivered?
The sessions will be delivered either in one of our venues or online, using Google Meet. You will access materials and complete assignments via Google Classroom.
You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC and a good internet connection to join the online sessions and/or access learning materials and resources between sessions. You will need access to a laptop or PC to complete assignments throughout the course.
What will I study?
There are 9 mandatory units and one extended assessment covering the ‘Core Mandatory’ units. There is also an extended assessment covering the ‘Core Mandatory’ units.
- Unit 1 – Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Unit 2 – Human growth and development
- Unit 3 – Safeguarding in health and social care
- Unit 4 – Communication in health and social care
- Unit 5 – Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Unit 6 – Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Unit 7 – Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Unit 8 – Working in health and social care
- Unit 9 – Reflective practice.
- English GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Maths GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Confident digitally to enable the completion of assignments
- Placement or paid work in the sector.
How will I be assessed?
For each module, you will complete assignments that allow you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Work placement report
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
- Oral questioning
- Witness testimonies
- Reflective accounts
- Extended assessment
All graded A* – D
How to apply
To register to attend an enrolment /assessment session use the Apply Now button below.
One of the most important things we can do is help you to prepare for employment and progress with your career. Our Make It Happen approach to CEIAG offers a variety of support including:
- work related activities
- employability training
- work experience
- careers guidance.