Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3
About the course
The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) provides you with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable you to work in the following roles; teaching assistant, classroom assistant, learning support assistant, additional needs assistant, pastoral/welfare support assistant, bilingual support assistant or foundation stage assistant.
The roles must be under the direction of the class teacher, whose lesson planning and day-to-day direction set the framework within which the individual works.
You must be in paid or voluntary work to enable an assessment to take place in the workplace. We suggest 2 days a week.
How is the course delivered?
The sessions will be delivered either in one of our venues or online, using Google Meet. You will access materials and complete assignments via Google Classroom and our EQUAL learning platform.
You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC and a good internet connection to join the online sessions and/or access learning materials and resources between sessions. You will need access to a laptop or PC to complete assignments throughout the course.
What will I study?
There are 11 mandatory units in the course.
- Unit 1 – Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 2 – Schools as organisations
- Unit 3 – Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 4 – Understand How to Safeguard the Well-being of Children and Young People.
- Unit 5 – Support assessment for learning
- Unit 6 – Support learning activities
- Unit 7 – Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 8 – Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Unit 9 – Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Unit 10 – Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 11 – Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- English GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills
- Maths GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Confident digitally to enable the completion of assignments.
- Placement or paid work in the sector.
How will I be assessed?
For each unit, you will complete assessments that allow you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Workplace/placement observations
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
- Oral questioning
- Witness testimonies
- Reflective accounts.
You may need to speak to your line manager about any time that could be available to complete elements of the course.
How to apply
To register to attend an enrolment /assessment session use the Apply now button below.
- Employment or career development in the workplace
- Higher Education
One of the most important things we can do is help you to prepare for employment and progress with your career. Our Make It Happen approach to CEIAG offers a variety of support including:
- work related activities
- employability training
- work experience
- careers guidance.