Leadership and Management Level 3
About the course
The City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management is designed for new and aspiring junior managers.
You will develop the core skills and understanding needed to deal with management responsibilities and develop as leaders, helping to start your career with confidence.
ILM qualifications are awarded by The City and Guilds of London Institute.
How is the course delivered?
The sessions will be delivered either in one of our venues or online, using Google Meet. You will access materials and complete assignments via Google Classroom and our EQUAL learning platform.
You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC and a good internet connection to join the online sessions and/or access learning materials and resources between sessions. You will need access to a laptop or PC to complete assignments throughout the course.
What will I study?
You must gain a minimum of 15 credits to achieve this qualification.
There is 1 mandatory unit and you can choose from several other units to make up the qualification.
Mandatory Unit –Solving Problems and Making Decisions (2 credits)
The range of optional units from Group 2-4 include:
- Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation
- Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively
- Giving Briefings and Making Presentations
- Understanding Organising and Delegating in the Workplace
- Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Workplace.
You can achieve a maximum of 7 credits from Group 4 (200-230 and 400-408). 2 credits from Group 1 (300) and a minimum of 4 credits from Group 2 (301, 302, 308, 341).
- English GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Maths GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Confident digitally to enable the completion of assignments.
How will I be assessed?
For each unit, you will complete assessments that allow you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
- Oral questioning
- Witness testimonies
- Reflective accounts
You may need to speak to your line manager about any time that could be available to complete elements of the course.
How to apply
To register to attend an enrolment /assessment session use the Apply Now button below.
There are a number of courses you can progress to on completion of this course, they include:
- Level 3 Certificate in Leadership
- Level 3 Certificate in Coaching
- Level 3 Certificate in Mentoring
- Level 4 Award in Leadership
- Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management
- Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
One of the most important things we can do is help you to prepare for employment and progress with your career. Our Make It Happen approach to CEIAG offers a variety of support including:
- work related activities
- employability training
- work experience
- careers guidance.