Diploma in Adult Care
About the course
The TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (RQF) develops the knowledge, skills and competence of those working in a wide range of roles in health and social care settings. This will enable you to progress to a higher level qualification in the same subject area.
This qualification is approved by skills for care.
You must be in paid or voluntary work to enable an assessment to take place in the workplace. We suggest 2 days a week.
How is the course delivered?
The sessions will be delivered either in one of our venues or online, using Google Meet. You will access materials and complete assignments via Google Classroom.
You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC and a good internet connection to join the online sessions and/or access learning materials and resources between sessions. You will need access to a laptop or PC to complete assignments throughout the course.
What will I study?
The course consists of 9 mandatory units totalling 28 credits and an additional 25 credits from choosing optional units.
- Unit 1 – Promote communication in care settings
- Unit 2 – Promote effective handling of information in care settings
- Unit 3 – Promote personal development in care settings
- Unit 4 – Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5 – Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6 – Promote health, safety and well-being in care settings
- Unit 7 – Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8 – Duty of care in care settings
- Unit 9 – Safeguarding and protection in care settings.
- English GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Maths GCSE/Level 2 Functional skills or willingness to work towards
- Confident digitally to enable the completion of assignments
- Placement or paid work in the sector
How will I be assessed?
For each module, you will complete assignments that allow you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Workplace/placement observations
- Written assignments
- Professional discussions
- Oral questioning
- Witness testimonies
- Reflective accounts
How to apply
To register to attend an enrolment /assessment session use the Apply now button below.
One of the most important things we can do is help you to prepare for employment and progress with your career. Our Make It Happen approach to CEIAG offers a variety of support including:
- work related activities
- employability training
- work experience
- careers guidance.