Personalised Digital Support
Whether you want to learn how to use your device to do something specific or gain a qualification in digital skills, we have a course that will meet your needs. We offer:
- Personalised learning in a friendly atmosphere
- Courses to suit your starting points and motives
- Develop your confidence, resilience and adaptability for everyday digital skills
Before you start a course, we carefully assess your skills to make sure you join a course at the right level for you.
Join a course and get personalised support
To join a course and get personalised support, you need to fill out this short form and assessment.
We will ring you to talk about which class would be best for you to join.
If you have difficulties completing the online form or have any questions, contact us on 0161 219 6733. A digital skills tutor will phone you back to discuss your level, your needs and our courses.
Digital Skills Courses
We offer free courses for anyone with no or low digital skills to get an essential digital skills qualification.
Our accessible courses will support you to develop your digital skills for work and everyday life. We will help you to learn how to use different devices and applications to:
- communicate and share with others
- manage your online activities
- use online services and buy things securely online
- create and edit documents and digital media
- find, manage and store information
- protect your privacy and data
We can also deliver bespoke provision so please get in touch to discuss your needs.
* If you are a community venue and wish to increase your education activities, we can support your service users with digital skills for work, life, learning and health.
* If you are an employer and would like to arrange some digital skills ‘upskilling’ for your workforce, we can deliver essential digital skills development sessions and support with Microsoft applications for work.
* If you have volunteer Digital Skills Champions and would like some training for your volunteers, please get in touch regarding our Volunteer Digital Mentor Course.
|Skill Up Workshop||If you want to access services, learn how to use a particular device, search for information quickly, save money or improve your employment prospects, this workshop is for you. Whatever your motive, your needs will be built into your workshop sessions at a level which is right for you.||Up to 2.5 hours. You can attend up to 6 sessions.|
|Digital Beginners||This is the course for you if you are starting out using devices and want to know the basics. This course will introduce you to different devices, develop your confidence and start you on your journey in using your digital skills and the internet more often.||2 sessions a week over 6 weeks|
|Digital Essentials E3/L1||This course is for you if you want to develop your digital skills for work and at home. You’ll learn how to use different devices for handling information, creating and editing, communicating, and transacting while remaining safe, secure and responsible online. You will be able to gain a qualification on this course once the qualifications have been agreed by Ofqual. We hope this will be very soon.||2 sessions a week over 12 weeks. Blended approach.|
|Volunteer Digital Mentor Course||If you are a Digital Champion or planning to volunteer as a Digital Champion, then this course will support|
you in your volunteer role. Join this course to develop your skills, knowledge and approach to be a
confident volunteer digital mentor.
|Online only. Sessions are twice a week over 3 weeks totalling 15 hours.|