With recent innovations in technology and the changes in the way in which we communicate and receive information, there is high demand amongst companies and businesses for employees with digital marketing skills who can help promote their product and services and reach consumers.
Our Level 3 Award in Digital Marketing will equip you with the skills, knowledge and competence to secure employment within digital and creative industries. You will learn all about how to plan, create, manage, and measure digital marketing campaigns across a range of different online channels.
Please find below a details of the where, when and how this course will be taught.
- Start date: 18 January 2024
- End date: 11 July 2024
- Location: Abraham Moss and Online
- Teaching day: Thursdays – Abraham Moss, TBC – Online evening session
- Time: 9:30am-2:45pm – Abraham Moss, Evening (TBC) – Online
- Duration: 24 weeks
On this course you will study a total of five units – one mandatory unit and four specialist units over 148 guided learning hours. These units are as follows:
- Project Management (Mandatory): The aim of this unit is to allow learners to understand project management concepts and the processes and tools used by organisations. You will learn about project management methodologies, how to use project management software, track progress and review outcomes to determine whether a project was successful.
- Content Marketing (Optional): In this unit, you will learn about the role of content marketing in business, understand the technology used in content marketing and develop the skills to create, implement and evaluate a successful content marketing campaign.
- Digital Marketing (Optional): This unit will allow you to develop an understanding of digital marketing and how it helps organisations to achieve its goals. You will also learn about the digital marketing mix and how trends can impact activities and techniques. You will also explore the role of digital marketing information, media and different channels.
- Social Media Marketing (Optional): In this unit, you will develop an understanding of the role of social media in digital marketing, be able to plan, create, implement, and measure a social media marketing campaign and discover the challenges, legal and ethical issues surround social media marketing and how they impact campaigns.
- Digital Marketing Metrics and Analytics (Optional): The purpose of this unit is to develop your understanding of the online customer experience, sales funnel and the type of data that is created during the customer journey. You will learn the importance of measuring digital marketing activities and collecting metrics and performance indicators used to determine the success of a digital marketing campaign.
Our Level 3 Award in Digital Marketing is taught in our digital marketing suite at Abraham Moss Centre and via an online evening two-hour workshop.
You will need a laptop or PC and a good internet connection to complete assignments throughout the course using Google Classroom and to also access learning materials and resources between sessions.
On this course, assessment takes form place in the form of project observations, written assignments, professional discussions, presentations, oral questioning, witness testimonies and reflective accounts.
At the end of each unit, you will complete assessments that allow you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience.
This Level 3 course is suitable for learners with previous experience in digital marketing, or those who have previously completed the Level 2 Award in Digital Marketing.
You will also need Level 2 or above English and Maths, and basic computer skills and digital platform knowledge to apply for this course.
Help and support
You will find a range of support on offer when you study with MAES. From our friendly and enthusiastic business support team, located in our learning centres, to our well-qualified and committed tutors.
We are also home to Make it Happen – a service run by our dedicated Careers and Progression team who can provide expert knowledge and personalised support to prepare you for the next stage in your career. Find out more below.